need help with stir plate build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
Trying to build a stir plate with rocker switch and rheostat and DC computer fan all from radioshack. please help me with wiring it together. Thank you.

I have been. Nobody seams to explain the wiring to a rheostat they show eveything else though.

Thank you everybody. I hard wired it so far and it works but, if anyone has a wiring diagram that would be clutch. Agian, thank you

Here's the one I made, using an LM317:
http://www.stirstarters.com/instructions.html

Using a rheostat, the wiring should be simple. I assume you have an AC/DC power plug; hook one of the wires up to your fan, the other wire to the middle post on the rheostat. Put another wire from one of the outer posts on the rheostat to the other wire on the fan. If you want to add the switch, you can put it inline with any of the wires. Done!

I would like to thank everyone who answered the thread. my final result is great. thanks to you guys. i learned so much. i was going to leave the rocker switch out until cjb told me plain and simple i could just wire it in line. seems so simple now looking back at it. to anyone who reads this thread in the future, DONT OVER THINK IT. it really is as easy as you think. Again thank you all.

Here's the one I made, using an LM317:
http://www.stirstarters.com/instructions.html

Using a rheostat, the wiring should be simple. I assume you have an AC/DC power plug; hook one of the wires up to your fan, the other wire to the middle post on the rheostat. Put another wire from one of the outer posts on the rheostat to the other wire on the fan. If you want to add the switch, you can put it inline with any of the wires. Done!

Definitely this. Great build, easy and effective.

Back