Madd Hatter IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krduckman

Reaction score
Had a new beer this week in Chicago. It was called Madd Hatter IPA. Great beer! Definitely recommend it

Had a new beer this week in Chicago. It was called Madd Hatter IPA. Great beer! Definitely recommend it

Is that spelled intentionally with two d's? There is a Mad Hatter IPA at New Holland brewery over on this side of the lake that's pretty good.

No idea why I have to enter all that info just to respond to this thread..

StophJS said:
Is that spelled intentionally with two d's? There is a Mad Hatter IPA at New Holland brewery over on this side of the lake that's pretty good.

No idea why I have to enter all that info just to respond to this thread..

Same one. I just can't spell.

I literally just picked up a 6-er of this tonight. I'm not a huge fan. Not as strong of a hop flavor as I was expecting. Not bad by any means, just not the hop flavor I was expecting with an IPA. The imperial version is probably delicious.

Agree about the lack of hop presence. I moved down the street from this brewery in '07 and this was the beer that made me realize I like craft beers. Since then I've had a lot of IPA's that seem better. Hatter is definitely a good beer but it's missing that fresh hop aroma and the citrus notes I look for in an IPA.

Back