First Year Cascades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamboparty

Reaction score
I took these pictures last night. I didn't get the rhizomes in the ground until May, but they're coming along nicely. Bought the rhizomes from Hopfarmer.

I'm excited!

0808111926a.jpg

0808111927a.jpg

0808111927b.jpg

0808111929a.jpg

0808111930a.jpg

0808111931a.jpg

0808111931b.jpg

Wow...looks like a good 1st year yield.

Here is one of my second year Cascades:
IMG_20110808_193328.jpg

yeah I planted 2 cascade plants in april or so... It's August and I still haven't seen any sign of them so I guess it's safe to assume they failed for this year... maybe next year?

yeah I planted 2 cascade plants in april or so... It's August and I still haven't seen any sign of them so I guess it's safe to assume they failed for this year... maybe next year?

If they didn't come up this year, you may want to start over with new ones next year. Make sure the buds are pointing up. you could dig them up this year and see if there's anything there. Maybe plant them in a big pot if they still look alive.

yea I'm calling the ones I planted this year a wash. I'll order some new ones nice and early (February?) and hopefully get them planted in a pot indoors to make sure they at least start to grow with the hope to transfer outside once I know the last frost has come and gone.

Excellent looking first-year bine, jamboparty! Very happy hops! :D

But, wow! stevo155, that is one fantastic looking bine! Yikes! An epic yield coming from that plant! Very cool!

Cheers!

Thanks, guys! Especially you, Glen... after all, they're your product! :)

Nugget is now full of burs as well, and the Willamette is now all the sudden going through a growth spurt as well.

Back