August “Box special” from California Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is I said it was going to be digital

1 Digital postal scale (with power cord)
1 Digital probe thermometer
1 Digital breathalyzer (everyone should own one of these)
4 oz of Simcoe 13.2% whole hops
4 oz of Amarillo 8.4% whole hops
4 oz of Cascade 7.6% pellet hops
Shipped anywhere in the 50

$90.00

Just PayPal to [email protected] add “August Box Special” to the PayPal
We are taking orders now for August

Cheers
Jay

What's the weight limit and accuracy of the scale? Can I use it for grain bill measurements or is it only good for small stuff like hop additions? Is the probe thermometer waterproof? Pen type?

Sounds like this could be a nice little package, but I'm curious to know some more specs. Thanks!

What's the weight limit and accuracy of the scale? Can I use it for grain bill measurements or is it only good for small stuff like hop additions? Is the probe thermometer waterproof? Pen type?

Sounds like this could be a nice little package, but I'm curious to know some more specs. Thanks!

The scale is a 35# scale accurate to +-0.1oz we use it in the store for packaging hops and grain. Yes the probe is water resistent (I wouldn't drop it in the boil kettle) Yes digital pen type
Jay

The scale is a 35# scale accurate to +-0.1oz we use it in the store for packaging. Yes the probe is water resistent (I wouldn't drop it in the boil kettle) Yes digital pen type
Jay

You are selling a used scale? Cmon!

I kid.:D

Nice box deal this month, I like the creativity of putting equipment in and not just ingredients.

Nice box deal this month, I like the creativity of putting equipment in and not just ingredients.

Thanks man I am trying to put together packages that I just think should be in every home brewery out there. The breathalyzer is an absolute blast to have at parties :D

Ok so I have a few orders to fill and ship. Anyone else want to get in on the August "Box Special"? Anyone have some suggestions how I can make it better?

Throw a bottle of your brew in it!..hmm then couldnt ship usps though :(

man, what a great box of stuff. I'm a little tight on $ right now, and the brew budget is unfortunately the first thing to go...

man, what a great box of stuff. I'm a little tight on $ right now, and the brew budget is unfortunately the first thing to go...

Ya I hear ya about the brew budget. As soon as I opened the store I realized I don't get to brew anymore, I don't get to brew any less either though :D

I'm good for this month. I am doing all-amarillo and all-simcoe IPAs from last month's special, though :D Can't wait!

-Joe

So... Do you need my address to send me a bottle or 6
Nope, but if you want to drive out to NJ you're welcome to sample as much as you like from the taps ;)

I've also got a Belgian wit in the fermenter using the coriander and orange peel from last month's box that'll be ready in a few weeks.

-Joe

Just for fun the next 3 people that PM me and want this deal, I will pay the shipping. :ban:

2 left

Nope, but if you want to drive out to NJ you're welcome to sample as much as you like from the taps ;)

I've also got a Belgian wit in the fermenter using the coriander and orange peel from last month's box that'll be ready in a few weeks.

-Joe

Tempting Joe! Very tempting :D

So I have had several people ask about the free shipping. I'm game! Shoot me a PM, I'll cover the shipping, on this deal, for the HBT'ers this month.
Jay

Thanks for the replies guys. I am headed out the door to the Mt Shasta Brew Fest. Admin here took away my ability to upload picts??? I will see what I can do on Monday or Tuesday when I get home.
Cheers
Jay

Dang I must have been gone too long, when did you start a home brew store? I thought you where starting a brewery?

Dang I must have been gone too long, when did you start a home brew store? I thought you where starting a brewery?

I wasn't getting anywhere w/ the brewery. I lost a lot of investors (as did everyone) when the bottom dropped out of the market. Myself and 1 other guy are funding the home brew store ourselves. We will use the store to fund the brewery one day. The store was always part of the business plan, it was just phase 2. You gotta roll with the times and make changes sometimes. The store is doing great; we have a lot of new faces coming in everyday.
So where the hell have you been?
Cheers
Jay

Back