Drinking Hydro Sample - Oxidation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pangea

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the taste of a hydro sample from the fermenter (uncarbed) change as you're tasting? It seems to me that my samples taste great for the first sip, then as I take more sips it gets more and more oxidized tasting, like cardboard or green beer. Is this possible that the beer is becoming oxidized that fast? It isn't carbonated yet, so being splashed each time the graduated cylinder is tilted to drink, then brought to upright seems to give me the impression that oxidation could be happening.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm noticing this? (besides possibly imagining it)

Is it just me, or does the taste of a hydro sample from the fermenter (uncarbed) change as you're tasting? It seems to me that my samples taste great for the first sip, then as I take more sips it gets more and more oxidized tasting, like cardboard or green beer. Is this possible that the beer is becoming oxidized that fast? It isn't carbonated yet, so being splashed each time the graduated cylinder is tilted to drink, then brought to upright seems to give me the impression that oxidation could be happening.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm noticing this? (besides possibly imagining it)

you answered your own question its still way green beer wont oxidize that fast.

Back