Juicy Juice wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
Someone just gave me a bunch of free bottles of Juicy Juice and I was wondering if anyone has tried making wine from it. I can't imagine drinking all of it so I was thinking of adding some corn sugar and pitching some yeast.

Juicy Juice will make a decent wine. It's a little thin so I'd suggest fermenting to dryness and back sweetening a little to make a wine cooler type wine.

Juicy Juice will make a decent wine. It's a little thin so I'd suggest fermenting to dryness and back sweetening a little to make a wine cooler type wine.

Or.............throw in some raisins. Chop them up (they are sticky little buggers) and put them in primary with the juice. That will give some body.

Golden raisins are best, because regular raisins are brown and make the wine a muddy color.

Try to get to an SG of 1.085-1.100 or so with the juice/sugar. It helps if you dissolve the sugar in some boiling water. Don't boil your juice, though!

If you're going the raisin route, I'd do Zante currants. I know they're dark, like raisins, but they're a V. vinifera variety and I find they do much better as an adjunct than raisins, which are made from V. labrusca table grapes. One 10-oz box will be plenty per gallon.

Yes I have actually, Got one batch done and another still bubbling away. I used for one bottled one 3 gal of Apple Juice- Five cans of Juicy Juicy Fruit punch Concentrate, 1lb Corn sugar 1 lb Brown Sugar and water to fill to Five Gal. With Codets de blanc yeast.

It turned out better then I expected, even though I expected a poor cider in the first place HA. Yet I was very good, with the addition of brown sugar it had a mild taste of "Honey Punch" and at around 10% It ripps through ya! The second one is with Champange Sugar so it can get a higher % and it's around 15-16 as of now.

Back