3 sanke's - $70 craigs list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All day as long as there are no pin holes. Well unless you're going to put a ball valve or thermometer there.

so i picked them up....3 for $70. I was told they had a bunch of straight barrels but when i got there they only had 1 left. So i picked up that one and got two kegs that bulge and are fatter around the middle. with two of those and a straight barrel, anyone have any advise on which ones to use for what: HTL/MLT/BK?

My thought is to use the straight keg as MLT. I figure the straight walls of the cylinder would help with improving efficiency.

I figure the BK and HTL will just be for heating purposes so design isn't as important.

Thoughts?

You could also use the curved ones as fermenters, and continue your search for 2 other straight kegs. You got a good deal!

i got one of the fat kegs for my HLT. I made it Electric and wrapped in insulation, so its not as ugly looking.

they had a bunch of kegs. all in pretty good shape. a few rust spots but could all be buffed out. probly another 7....unfortunately all bulge. Although they did have 2 of the straight ones that are covered in black rubber. Any use for those? only thing i can think of is fermenters.

sidenote...anyone from the ny/nj area hit up Rattle N Hum in the nyc last night? Sam from dogfish was there...they had 16 Dogfish beers on tap and he was chatting with everyone buying people rounds....pretty good time. I stopped by for a little.

Back