Port Brewing Hop 15 - NICE beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
Local brew bottle shop hooked me up with some Hop 15. Nice Beer!

I am trying to practice reviewing beers, and will post many on a website soon. Until then, here's my review:

Appearance: Hazy dark gold, with very little head.

Aroma: sweet malt, good hop aroma centennial/cascade?

Flavor: rich and malty, with a nice big hop flavor. VERY tasty. A really rich, balanced DIPA. The first flavor is rich, malty & balanced: The hops then comes through and lingers on, and on, and on.

Mouthfeel: medium body – heavier than most DIPA’s, very smooth. Very light carbonation, typical of many DIPAs.

Overall: I really like the malt/hops balance and the variety of hops used in this beer. The website says 15 different hops are used – maybe, but that doesn’t matter. This is a very nice DIPA, and I will seek this one out again. Too bad there’s no Pizza Port’s around here (is the pizza good?)!

Comments and reviews welcome...

I love Port Brewing! Sadly, I wasn't a fan of Hop 15 as much as I wanted to be. I'm no beer advocate reviewer but the beer felt slimy on my tongue and overly hopped to the point of losing proper balance in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of Pizza Port-Hop 15 is a great brew. And yes the pizza is good! I always ask for spent grain dough instead of regular.

Back