Brewing equipment in Europe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conno

Reaction score
Could someone point me in the direction of a quality online HB store with an extensive stock list in Europe preferably Britain. I'm in Ireland but I know there is nowhere here so Britain is the next best bet to keep the shipping costs down. I'm looking for somewhere that will sell wort chillers and brewpots etc and all that advanced caboodle.
The only ones I found are lame looking sites with limited stock.
Thanks

try some of the online places. i got my stuff from www.easybrew.co.uk, not sure if they deliver to ireland though, but you can try it. or try searching for home brew shops on google.co.uk

Hi there, I have bought from a few UK stores so far, I have used Hop and Grape mentioned above, I have also used

http://www.art-of-brewing.co.uk

and

http://www.arkwrightshomebrew.com/

all 3 where really good, fast delivery and no problems with the orders. I have found it difficult to find one single site that stocks all the different items I have been after so have needed to order from a few different sites.

I think the Hop and Grape site probably has the best overall range, I got my starter kit from Art of Brewing though, it was cheap and seem to be working fine for me. Though I am still just making canned kit beers at this point. I intend to advance to boiling extract and steeping grains next month, I am going to try the Bruheat Boiler - this is a plastic bucket with simmer stat and you can get all the attachments to convert it to all grain- hop strainer, sparging arm and immersion chiller. This seems a better option to me as I have limited space and cant brew outside (I live in a flat).

Its the first item on the Art of Brewing site if you click the beer mashing tab.

Hope that helped a little and good luck!

Thanks very much folks. The Art of Brewing site I had come across before but is a little dated looking but the other two look good. It gets me out of a hole as I want to start with a good kit that will see me through quite a few initial brews and would be suitable for an all grain run. The thoughts of having to get one from the States didn't impress me too much.
Thanks again.

Don't buy your brew pot/burner/wort chiller from a HBS store - You'll pay through the nose.
Source a local catering equipment supplier for the biggest stock pot you can afford - www.pots-and-pans.co.uk have a decent priced range of catering S/S ones if you find you still need to shop online.
I spent £15 less buying the same catering burner offered online at a HBS from a gas bottle shop 10 minutes from where I work.
Build your own immersion wort chiller. Copper tubing and cheap garden hose is easily found. They are simple to do. Instructions are all over the internet - I spent a lot less making mine than HBS stores charge.
This is a small cash amount I know but why not? The cash I 'saved' was spent on glass carboys. :D

Back