Once again I spent all day on Home Brew Talk.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolly McStanson

Reaction score
I singed on this morning, and oh look the suns going down and I'm still sitting here, lol . I was trying to figure out..should I brew Edwarts house ale......should I brew Lake Walk Pale Ale? I'm checking out all the posts in each recipe as well as other recipes that id like to try.

Then you have the endless education on brewing beer and all that it is. All day doesn't seem to be enough time.

Anyone ever spend all day on the forums?

Not full days, but long enough.

As far as your choices go for the two beers, I've made both. Not to knock Ed's recipe, but I like my pale ales on the hoppier side (more like IPA's) and Dude's recipe fits the bill. If you are not big on hops, Ed's is decent too. I've got it on tap right now and it's pretty good.

Not full days, but long enough.

As far as your choices go for the two beers, I've made both. Not to knock Ed's recipe, but I like my pale ales on the hoppier side (more like IPA's) and Dude's recipe fits the bill. If you are not big on hops, Ed's is decent too. I've got it on tap right now and it's pretty good.

Yep, the Haus Ale is not designed to be hoppy, but rather to appeal to a broad range of beer drinkers, especially those who have never had homebrew before.

Dude's Lakewalk is awesome hoppiness. :tank:

As you can see by my join date and post count I spend a fair amount of time here indeed. I think my SWMBO thinks I'm addicted........

Yep, the Haus Ale is not designed to be hoppy, but rather to appeal to a broad range of beer drinkers, especially those who have never had homebrew before.

Dude's Lakewalk is awesome hoppiness. :tank:

I made a decision and went to Austin Home brew.com and ordered everything for both beers, lol. Id like to make all the most popular recipes this winter. Lake Walk Pale ale runs about $40 bucks for the everything. Edwarts runs about $24 dollars, lol. The hops in Lake Walk are what gets ya.

I joined about two weeks ago and I've spent several days reading here... so much reading that I'm almost too intimidated to start! :eek:

Seriously, it's been a great resource and I can't wait to get started.

I haven't made Dude's Lake walk yet (it's next up on my list) but Ed's recipe is very good and one of the beers I brew regularly and keep around. BM's Fire Rock pale ale clone is another good one IMO.

Back