Outdoor Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RawDog

Reaction score
109 dollars for 21k BTUs?? Nah, for that kind of money you can get a turkey fryer, complete with a 7-8 gallon boiling pot. It will get you boiling a lot faster, and if you ever decide to go AG, you're already on your way.

Any recommendations I don't mind spending money for quality. I've always used the stove but things need to move outdoors haha.

Also, how long will a standard propane tank last?

Thanks for your help.

I've got a bayou classic, works great. I am usually at a rolling boil in approx. 10min with a 3.5 gal boil and about 17-20 for a full 5 gallons. And that is outside during a MI winter!

Gammon N Beer said:
Something like that yes. You can find them for $40 or so and at times even cheaper. My 20 gal propane will last me at least four brew sessions.
I get 4-5 brews out of a 5 gallon tank. What is the volume you're boiling?

I've got the Bayou Classic also and the wife loves me for it. She was not as keen on the indoor odors as I was. I'm not sure why you'd need to change the regulator, mine seems to function very nicely.

I thought I would pipe in since I actually own that unit you posted. I was wandering around Lowe's and found it on clearance. It really just doesn't have the BTUs to do the job. You can get a nice boil on about 6.5 gallons, but any higher than that and it just isn't enough. On the upside, you won't have to replace your propane tanks very often. :)

Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it. I'm looking forward too my first outdoor brew. :tank:

I'm going to go with the burner raceskier posted:)

Back