Always a beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louie0202

Reaction score
So today I prepped for Beer Day...every beer day is exciting.

Had to replace the laundry faucet today, prepped my counter flow chiller, and decided to use one of my new Blichmann pots.

Off the bat while grinding I lost about 1/3 of my grains from not paying attention and the grinder tipped over.

I melted the plastic handle off the blichmann because I didn't use the heat shield.

The chilling went fine, then I took a gravity reading with my hydrometer....I was about 10 - 12 points off.....1.044 instead of 1.057....luckily I had some DME laying around. Finally got the gravity right, hopefully this beer isn't awesome....as I will never be able to replicate it.

Sorry but it will be.... last brew day I had like that was a Centennial IPA that was the absolute best IPA I ever had. Would like to repeat the beer but not brew day... dumped the mash all over me (saved most) --- boiled over the brew pot, and tipped over a gallon of sanitizer.... by the end of the day the brew room was a total wreck, but I got 5.25 if IPA that turned out great.

I always joke with my friends.....if its not one thing...its another on brew day.....luckily i always have spare parts or am able to adapt to rescue the brew.

Back