Hoegaarden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Wow. that is all i can say. I tried it for the first time this weekend and wow.

Now i just need an AG clone recipe.

Dude said:
I'll bet this site has at least 10 clone recipes posted.

Hoegaarden is second only to SNPA!

LOL. The book Beer Captured has a Hoegaarden Clone. I did a brew closely patterned off of that recipe--it was very good.

I like Celis White better, probably because it's fresher than the imported stuff. But, I've never seen the Grand Cru version.

I've never been able to find Celis White out here in California.

rew said:
I like Celis White better, probably because it's fresher than the imported stuff. But, I've never seen the Grand Cru version.

I've never been able to find Celis White out here in California.

Celis Grand Cru is awesome. If you can find it, pick some up. I haven't had it in a while, but man was it memorable.

I had my first one last night and wow. I have to agree that's one of my new favs. :mug:

I finally tried Hoegaarden about a month back as well. I don't know why I waited so long because I absolutely love wheat beers, but to say the least I was pleased with it.

Celis White is another very tasty beer. A local pub around here used to have it on tap, but I haven't been there in over a year, so I don't know if they still do or not. Apparently at the Michigan Brewers Guild Beer Festival this weekend, Michigan Brewing Company is going to be offering Celis White as one of their samples! :ban:

I bought a six pack and it was slightly skunked booooo. That was the final straw, and I am determined anymore that if I get skunked or oxidized beer it is going back.

It was still enjoyable though, and because it wasn't like super skunked was still drinkeable. I'd buy it again.

Bell's Winter White was a pretty tasty white wheat IMO... Hoegaarden is good though too, even though my one friend said it tasted like a dirty sock to him. Hahaha.

Yeah, Bell's Winter White is one of the best wit-styled brews I've had. I like Victory's Whirlwind and Avery's White Rascal for everyday summer wit drinking (of course, this was back before I brewed. This summer, I plan on having my OWN stock of wit and hefe.)

For some truly mindblowing wit, though, try the Dubbel Wit from De Glazen Toren. Mmmmm. Damn, it's only 10am, and I want one of those right now.

Back