Sampling of today's score....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Found a couple of beers I've never had at Total Wine today. I am on a serious Boddington's kick right now, so I thought I'd try the other similar canned efforts that I saw. The following 3 come in the pint can with the widget in them, similar to the canned Guinness.

1. Wexford Irish Cream Ale
2. Tetley's English Ale
3. Young's Double Chocolate Stout

And also picked up a "new item" that they had listed, de Boomgard Peche, assuming it is along the lines of a Lindeman's.

I'll only get to 2 of the above cans tonight, but the peche will prolly be a finisher. :drunk:

I'm drinking the Wexford right now. Pretty damn good. Not as hoppy as Boddington's is, but very toffee like and caramelly. Very close to an Old Speckled Hen actually.

8.5/10

De Boomgaard Peche:

Absolutely no peach aroma, only typical belgian phenolics. Taste is really sweet, very peachy with strong characteristics of a typical belgian style ale as well. It tasted like a Chimay White mixed with peach juice, which I guess is probably the point. Rated against Lindeman's or Cantillon, these guys have a long way to go. It was okay, not mind blowing.

4.5/10

Latest posts

Back