Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Utopias is good stuff. Worth trying once in your life for sure. Definitely not worth $200 a bottle though. Just one fellas opinion though....

Utopias is good stuff. Worth trying once in your life for sure. Definitely not worth $200 a bottle though. Just one fellas opinion though....

I could only imagine how many other great beers you can get for 200.00 total. You can get a bunch of really good stuff or get your self through swap o rama six and maybe 1/4 of the way through 7 lol

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Not a clue. I don't see any out here since we just picked up the line not that long ago...rather then leaving it to chance I have three bottles coming to me in trade :tank:

What might you be giving up? I think I might go that route but have no idea of what people would bite on.

What might you be giving up? I think I might go that route but have no idea of what people would bite on.

I can't imagine it would take very much at all, unless you were talking about vintage aged bottles. Pipeworks should land some for you and everybody is always crazy for FFF brews. Seems most people are really into CA, Northeast and Chicago area brews than mostly anywhere else. You should have it easy lol

45 pounder filled with beer from Maine to Florida to California heading out from New Jersey across country to a large state. I think I went a little crazy, but there were so many good beets I wanted to share.

image-2184342628.jpg

Enjoying this watching the game. Thanks again Dan

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Next round you won't have this problem man. It sucks being the low post recipients but in the long run it makes it better for future rounds. I'll be popping that bottle probably for Thanksgiving

Being a higher post, multi-swap participant isn't guaranteed to get you your beer any quicker either. Mines still floating in limbo somewhere... :-(

If I'm in on next round you won't have that problem...I'm 2 for 2 on first to send out so far :)
I try to get that box out as soon as I get my recipient.

If I'm in on next round you won't have that problem...I'm 2 for 2 on first to send out so far :)
I try to get that box out as soon as I get my recipient.

It's pretty cool to be the first to receive, that's for sure. Particularly when you get some rockin' stuff from BeerMeDuffMan. :ban:

I need to get to drinking some more of that stuff, so much beer, so little time...

It's pretty cool to be the first to receive, that's for sure. Particularly when you get some rockin' stuff from BeerMeDuffMan. :ban:

I need to get to drinking some more of that stuff, so much beer, so little time...

Your not dying on us are you?!
I'm taking my time on the stuff I got...and some of the stuff is certainly going into the vault.

I had that St. Vincents Dubbel on Saturday night and it was unlike any dubbel I've ever had before. It was almost like a sour. It was really good.

I'm worried my homebrew quad was sitting too long on the yeast. The airlock has a slight sour note to it but I don't see any floaties. Good to know that a sour Belgian style is still a good drink

I'm worried my homebrew quad was sitting too long on the yeast. The airlock has a slight sour note to it but I don't see any floaties. Good to know that a sour Belgian style is still a good drink

Feel free to send me some of that whenever you want! Quality assurance and all :p

Feel free to send me some of that whenever you want! Quality assurance and all :p

I'll be bottling this weekend, it may be carbed and fit for consumption hopefully by Christmas. Time will tell if its worthy to be sent out.
Here's hoping...that extract recipe was a good chunk of change.

Your not dying on us are you?!
I'm taking my time on the stuff I got...and some of the stuff is certainly going into the vault.

No, not dying as far as i know. Between what you sent me, what I already had around, the "one for you, one for me" habit when shopping for the package I sent, and the thank-you package I got, there is an awful lot of beer here. Some of it will not be improving with age.

Oh, and there's some homebrew Rye IPA and Cherry Wheat that are best fresh and have been in the keezer for two months already. Then a Zombie Dust clone that's just about done dry-hopping following those up that I'll want to drink fresh...

Life is good. :ban:

TallDan said:
No, not dying as far as i know. Between what you sent me, what I already had around, the "one for you, one for me" habit when shopping for the package I sent, and the thank-you package I got, there is an awful lot of beer here. Some of it will not be improving with age. Oh, and there's some homebrew Rye IPA and Cherry Wheat that are best fresh and have been in the keezer for two months already. Then a Zombie Dust clone that's just about done dry-hopping following those up that I'll want to drink fresh... Life is good. :ban:

In the spirit of this post, this evening has started with two IPAs that have been in the fridge too long...

image-1501321378.jpg

TallDan said:
No, not dying as far as i know. Between what you sent me, what I already had around, the "one for you, one for me" habit when shopping for the package I sent, and the thank-you package I got, there is an awful lot of beer here. Some of it will not be improving with age. Oh, and there's some homebrew Rye IPA and Cherry Wheat that are best fresh and have been in the keezer for two months already. Then a Zombie Dust clone that's just about done dry-hopping following those up that I'll want to drink fresh... Life is good. :ban:

What did you do for the cherry addition???? I am planning on doing a cherry wheat this weekend and was just gonna wing it with the cherries. Help please!!!!!

What did you do for the cherry addition???? I am planning on doing a cherry wheat this weekend and was just gonna wing it with the cherries. Help please!!!!!

For a 5 Gallon batch, I stemmed, pitted, and halved four pounds of cherries, then added to them to the carboy after primary fermentation. There was also a step with something intended to sanitize them, but honestly, i don't remember what that step was, and my notes are vague. :(

The cherry flavor is somewhat subtle, but the color from them is unmistakable. The beer got a brownish red tint, but the head had a nice pink tint to it. Most of what i read had suggested 1lb/gal, but i was pretty happy with what i ended up with.

Latest posts

Back