$1.50 Keggle Pizza Lid Project (with pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gungadin

Reaction score
Was looking for lids for my newly converted keggles that have 12" holes in the top, and found a 12" pizza pan at the dollar store. It has a beveled edge to form the crust, which fits really nicely in to my not-exactly-perfect circles.

Drilled a hole, put in a SS eye bolt with a nut and washer on both sides of the lid... and viola! Total cost under $1.50 per lid.

1798-img-20101223-142445.jpg

1799-img-20101223-142453.jpg

1801-img-20101223-142539.jpg

1800-img-20101223-142531.jpg

Sweeeet. Nice...How much was the pizza lid? I was going to use the top of the keg that i cut off. Weld 3 washers to the top and call it a day. The pizza lid looks cool to tho if you don't have access to a welder.

where are the pictures?

I think it's one of the perks of being a paying member that you get to see all of the gallery pictures people post. For those that aren't but want to see how it came out, here is one I just posted on imgur - there are 5 on the original post in this thread.

FWwZJl.jpg

I read about this just yesterday in a book that was dated 1995 Copy right...that I got for Xmas....but they used a block of wood for the handle and two bolts....great idea

Reminds me of my bachelor days. Gotta watch these pans and dry them well after use. I remember the future SWMBO refused to cook on my pizza pans. Lol she said throw those damn things out. She wasn't eating off something that she was going to have to get a tetanus shot afterwards lol!!!! Women... It's just a little rust

You sir, are a genius! I picked up 2 of these at the dollar general today, and they fit perfect. Picked up some SS "U" bolts for the handles also.:mug:

Back