Re-Using Sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon0418

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Got a quick question about sanitizer:

I am currently soaking about 50 bottles in several gallons of sanitizer/water combo (beer brite from my LHBS). I was wondering if after I remove the bottles if the remaining sanitizer would be safe to use on other equipment like my racking cane, bottling bucket, etc..? The bottles were very clean before they went into the mix.

Thanks!

Cheers! :mug:

Are you talking about at the same time or storing it for later use?

If it's right away, yes, you can use it...The powdered stuff though won't store after mixed...

The only true no-rinse ones that are fda approved Star san and iodophor you can store with distilled water for quite awhile...

I would seriously consider switching from that powdered stuff when you run out..It really isn't an FDA approved sanitizer (it reads a gray area, that frankly I won't risk my time and money by treading.)

Read this thread I explain what I'm talking about, as well as provide info to help you choose the RIGHT sanitizer...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/sanitizer-question-54932/?highlight=sanitizer+question

:mug:

Back