Which browser do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer 6+

• Mozilla FireFox

• AOL

• Netscape

• Safari

• Mozilla

• Opera

• Explorer < 5

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
SlimBrowser. its sorta like firefox, which means its 100x better than IE.

I'm a web designer who's sick of IE and Moz having completely different interpretations of CSS. The website I'm working on needs to be redesigned because it renders so differently. I love FireFox, but I wish it didn't work right. If it worked like IE, life would be easier.

The best thing about Firefox is that my computer doesn't get loaded up with spyware, malware or viruses any more. The tabs feature is great. Other than that, though, it is frustrating when it doesn't render things the way IE does. Also, sometimes stuff just doesn't work on Firefox, so I have to use IE anyway.

I have to use IE for most of my work stuff, since Firefox doesn't do that good of a job handling pass through authentication to active Directory, but I love the tabbed browsing and the stability. I have one of the beta versions of IW that has tabbed browsqing and some other features, but you need XPSP2 or higher, and I have not loaded XP2 on my laptop yet, since it hoses my VPN ($#$&^% you MS). At home I run older Microsoft and Slackware, and only use Firefox and Netscape.

Truble said:
I have to use IE for most of my work stuff, since Firefox doesn't do that good of a job handling pass through authentication to active Directory, but I love the tabbed browsing and the stability. I have one of the beta versions of IW that has tabbed browsqing and some other features, but you need XPSP2 or higher, and I have not loaded XP2 on my laptop yet, since it hoses my VPN ($#$&^% you MS). At home I run older Microsoft and Slackware, and only use Firefox and Netscape.

It's hard for me to associate homebrewers as computer geeks, all the h/ber's I know locally are more mechanical. Man has this forum been an eye opener:eek: ...

We all know SOMETHING about computers, how else are we supposed to get to this forum?? We all at least know how to turn those magic CPU compu-thingees on, which sadly is better than 5% - 10% of my callers (I work at a helpdesk).

Cheesefood said:
I'm a web designer who's sick of IE and Moz having completely different interpretations of CSS. The website I'm working on needs to be redesigned because it renders so differently. I love FireFox, but I wish it didn't work right. If it worked like IE, life would be easier.

Man, preaching to the choir. :mug:
I just finished a site for an artist friend and had a devil of a time getting him to see things (PCIE) the way that I see them (Mac Firefox). But I wrestled through it and it looks pretty much the same in both.

http://heglerart.com if you're interested. . . .

I'm surprised by the results of this poll - Lots more Firefox than I expected.

Latest posts

Back