Where to plant?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
So here ya go, mi casa:

casa.jpg

Now a few notes...at hop site 1 the grass is REALLY tall and GREEN, so im confident with the soil and the plenty of sunshine that area gets.

Hop site 2 is next to the square foot garden. im thinking that i can stick a 15 ft pole and then possible 'make' it grow on the roof horizontally

Hop site 3 is the sideyard and it gets plenty of sunshine as the grass gets extremely tall there too. I might also be able to have the hops grow across the roof

So what do you guys think? I ordered 2 rhizomes: 1 cascade and 1 willamette

It just got talked about in another thread but training hops across your roof probably wont work because the black shingles and summer heat will bake the bines. I would say all 3 locations look good though.

I vote for #3. Not much use for anything else and the southern exposure will improve growth in the early Spring.

I say grow them everywhere to the point that you can't see your house any more. Tell the wife that it will make things cooler in the summer.

Actually, site #3 looks the best but there are other things that might come into play like soil condition, drainage, air flow(too closed in and stuffy),and ease of harvesting etc. You'll have to make that call.

Latest posts

Back