Beer and sausage dinner at Blue Hill tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelyc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heya folks! Michael and I attended the 8th annual beer and sausage dinner tonight at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. Breweries present were: Captain Lawrence, Kelso, Bronx, Stillwater, and Maine.

The meal was amazing.. All house made charcuterie, sausage, and various parts of pig. The beers were pretty goo, but here were the standouts:

1.). Stillwater poured and Brett Saison that had been citra dry hopped. Probably my favorite of the night.
2.). Captain Lawrence poured a lemon thyme "dry hopped" wheat beer that was lovely.
3.). I was intrigued by Bronx... They have a "we only do pales ales" thing, but they are definitely outside the realm of only pale ales.

Maine was only pouring Peeper and Mean Old Tom, both of which are widely available. For an event like this, they should have stretched a bit.

All in all, it was a great event with first-class food and some good showings from some regional brewers. Highly recommended if you are in the area next year.

-Blake

Back