Extra sweet, extra espresso stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepke

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how to add extra sweetness to a sweet stout.

I would think adding extra lactose sugar would do, but am not certain.

Next question. I want to give this a really nice espresso kick. When should the coffee be added and how much?

Thanks!
Ken

Make your beer, pour it in a glass, add some sugar... Jk :p

I would say add more lactose. I hear a lb is good for a5 gallon, maybe a lb and a half?

Search for the coffee thing. I I've read it a bunch of times, but of course since I'm not that interested in making a coffee stout, I don't retain the info, haha. Maybe a steep in the secondary of some ground coffee until the taste is good for you. A little goes a long way apparently.

Brew a Milk Stout, use at least 1lb of lactose sugar, on your steeping grains steep 1 lb of crystal on top of your other grains. Cut back on your bittering hops or add them at 45 min vs 60. Coffee beans in the secondary or add brewed or cold pressed coffee in the bottling bucket.

Back