Strawberry Jalapeno Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nahk

Reaction score
Well I just put a 4 gallon batch of Strawberry Jalapeño wine into primary... Should be quite interesting...

3lbs Jalapeños - de-stemmed only, left vein ad seeds for heat
3.5lbs fresh strawberries
2lbs golden raisins - simmered to soften
3.5kg dextrose (corn sugar)
Water to 4 gal
3tsp pectic enzyme
6tsp acid blend
2x packs of Lavlin EC-1118

S.G. : 1.120

Hoping to finish dry at 0.990 and get about 17-18% ABV

Wish me luck

Will be more of a cooking wine then a sipping, but ya never know :)

Any input or suggestions? Has anyone else done anything like this? I made a straight jalapeño wine that turned out great... This strawberry jalapeño could be interesting (read pain in ass) due to complexity of acids on strawberry. Here's hoping ;)

nahk said:
Any input or suggestions? Has anyone else done anything like this? I made a straight jalapeño wine that turned out great... This strawberry jalapeño could be interesting (read pain in ass) due to complexity of acids on strawberry. Here's hoping ;)

Sounds interesting please keep us updated! And good luck!

Well... just thinking that dosn't sound like NEARLY enough strawberries... I do a strawberry watermelon with 10# of strawberries and 10# watermelon and it's hard to tell they're in there...

brazedowl said:
Well... just thinking that dosn't sound like NEARLY enough strawberries... I do a strawberry watermelon with 10# of strawberries and 10# watermelon and it's hard to tell they're in there...

They smell really strong... I will have to watch it and maybe add more in secondary after I sample it...

Well I just put a 4 gallon batch of Strawberry Jalapeño wine into primary... Should be quite interesting...

3lbs Jalapeños - de-stemmed only, left vein ad seeds for heat
3.5lbs fresh strawberries
2lbs golden raisins - simmered to soften
3.5kg dextrose (corn sugar)
Water to 4 gal
3tsp pectic enzyme
6tsp acid blend
2x packs of Lavlin EC-1118

S.G. : 1.120

Hoping to finish dry at 0.990 and get about 17-18% ABV

Wish me luck

Will be more of a cooking wine then a sipping, but ya never know :)

That's going to be some seriously hot stuff! Uh, good luck! :D

I did a Jalapeño Apple Peach wine that turned out nice. Just enough heat to give it bite and Jalapeño flavor, but still has distinct apple and peach flavors.

About 3.5 gal. of must yielded 3 gallons net. I used:

10 medium Jalapeños
2 gal. fresh peaches, halved
2.5 gal. fresh pressed apple juice
1 lb. golden raisins
1.5 lb. sugar

6 tsp. pectic enzyme
3 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
1.5 tsp tannin
3 tsp acid blend
Lalvin K1-V1116
SG 1.090

JalapenoApplePeach-1.jpg

I am going to have to try that... I did a straight jalapeño wine and it was friggin amazing!!! Goes great with nachos. :)

Going to have to try the jalapeno apple peach... the wife has finally gotten into playing with brewing and she'll throw those scotch bonnet peppers in everything if I don't watch her so a spicy wine is perfect for her. Really curious how your strawberry jalapeno turns out since its high abv, strawberries, and hot.

Skreagles: I have a scotch bonnet pineapple chenin blanc on the go too... It's gonna be hot!

1 whole pineapple, 2 lbs scotch bonnets.

5 gal batch

That's going to be some seriously hot stuff! Uh, good luck! :D

I did a Jalapeño Apple Peach wine that turned out nice. Just enough heat to give it bite and Jalapeño flavor, but still has distinct apple and peach flavors.

About 3.5 gal. of must yielded 3 gallons net. I used:

10 medium Jalapeños
2 gal. fresh peaches, halved
2.5 gal. fresh pressed apple juice
1 lb. golden raisins
1.5 lb. sugar

6 tsp. pectic enzyme
3 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
1.5 tsp tannin
3 tsp acid blend
Lalvin K1-V1116
SG 1.090

JalapenoApplePeach-1.jpg
This sounds VERY TASTY 😋. WHAT WAS your results?? How was it ?

10+ year living dead thread! Nice!
I do blends with Habanero wine. Cherry, Raspberry, Apple. Sweet taste, just a bit of burn on the finish!

Back