Homebrewers in Charleston WV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know a good source for apple cider in the charleston area? There definitely doesnt seem to be any local cider available anywhere but really i cant even find any that doesnt have any preservatives in it.

10-4.....I was really hoping someone had a super secret source they'd share for fresh local cider. I wonder how Brandon's Graff would taste with apple juice instead of cider?

Glad to have found this thread. Merry Christmas to all. Live in Huntington. Getting ready to brew fourth batch. Extract brewer so far. Would like to meet y'all and help get something organized.

The kit we bought failed to include the yeast, of all things. Does anyone out there in the Charlie West Brew Community have a packet of Safale-05 I could buy? It will be a week at least with the holiday on Monday before I can get it shipped here and have time to brew. If we had it, we could brew today or tomorrow.

Hey guys. Glad I found this forum. I live in Charleston, WV and I have done just about 5 or 6 extract kit brews. I would love to get together with someone that does all grain brewing so I can see how to do it and learn what I can. Also, I have a kegging system but so far I have just done bottling. If someone could walk me though this I would appreciate it. If this is something that you could help me with, shoot me a message. Thanks guys!

Woody,

Obviously there isn't much activity on line from here in WV. I'm down outside of Pineville, glad to help with what I can. I both keg and bottle and make either 5 or 10 gal. batches all grain. I have a 3 vessel system, but occasionally do a BIAB in the boil kettle only. I'm not planning anything right now as I brew in a detached, unheated garage and need to wait for a day that's at least 50 deg. before I think about it.

Love to talk about brewing though.

Chuck

Homebrewer here from Charleston (Mink Shoals area). Been brewing a year now and about 10 batches of extract. Bottled once and bought kegs after that. Plan on beginning BIAB soon as I upgrade my equipment.

Be nice to get some type of group started on here or maybe Facebook to have gatherings, etc.

We are starting a Charleston Homebrew Club. If anyone is interested please PM me.
Also Drug Emporium on Patrick St. will soon be carrying Homebrew supplies.

Add me to the interested list. I know several more locals who I'm sure would be interested as well. Have you met the KRAZE group yet? They are a bunch of local beer enthusiasts, several also brew, who have been trying to open up the laws for craft beer around here. They were recently successful getting the new growler law passed.

I'm interested as well. Do you have a link to the kraze group on Facebook?

I have talked to some of the members of KRAZE. Some have suggested that we simply join their group. I haven't been able to attend any of their meetings yet.
I expressed my concern that nonbrewers would get bored hearing us ramble about mash ph and water mineral content. I am maybe thinking an offshoot or wing of that group where we could have more brew-related meetings and anyone from the group interested could show up. I just don't want to feel (or more importantly any members to feel) that we are trying to hijack their group.

We did something similar in Wheeling. We have a large group on FB for general beer lovers and then we have a private group where we post most of the homebrew stuff.

Back