time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6029187480_9c2255c941.jpg

Alright I'm at work and the only picture I have is this sampling of what's on tap. Is 3 beers too much to guess? I'll confirm when 1 is right.

Hint: Nothing too exotic. OG's from 1.044 to 1.066.

What I'll do is let people guess (if someone gets all three I'll obviously tell them), but after a few hours, instead of a hint I'll say which one's are right. That way everyone can guess again, but no one will have the benefit of other peoples' guesses.

Some good guesses so far, although no one has gotten it completely right. I'll give it a little while longer (around 2pm) and then post another hint, so hold on to your guesses for now if you've already gone.

No one has quite gotten it yet, but I should probably throw in some more beer knowledge clues. The style that hasn't been mentioned since my last clue was most likely created by ale brewers to compete with lager brewers in the NE. Everyone can guess again.

Maybe I shouldn't have picked that hint...I see where you two are going and its exactly where I would go...but not. I used the homebrew wiki because I didn't know the exact history of the style.

Blonde, Alt, IPA

Ding ding. Winner! Sorry if it was more guess/memorization intensive than knowledge wise, but I think it was fun. Plus I had a great 2 hours at sweetwater brewery with some friends.

Come home and someone's gotten it right. Woohoo! And I've come to realize, my IPA is VERY similar to Sweetwater IPA.

Boleslaus said:
Plus I had a great 2 hours at sweetwater brewery with some friends.

Come home and someone's gotten it right. Woohoo! And I've come to realize, my IPA is VERY similar to Sweetwater IPA.

Aww everything tastes the same when your wasted... ;)

Aww everything tastes the same when your wasted... ;)

False. They had a "cask ale". Dry hopped brown ale, with columbus and centennial. I picked it out to my friend that there was centennial dry hops. I had an IPA that had the same dry hop notes. When you drink homebrew every night, 5 glasses of commercial beer isn't the same...

Back