Home Brewing Research Project – Short Survey (chance to win FREE beer!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub

Reaction score
My team at school is doing a research project on home brewing and who better to sample than the lot of you!

Who should take it? Anyone who currently brews at home OR who is planning to brew at home in the future
How long will it take? It’s a very short survey. It should take you between no more than 3 minutes
What do you get out of it? We are giving away 5 Pliny the Elder beers for FREE (including shipping) to a random 5 people once the survey closes

The more people who take it the better so pass it along to anyone you know.

Survey Ends: 3/30/2011 @ 5pm PT

Ready to get started? http://goo.gl/6pHf2

No problem with not including your address. We will PM all the winners if we dont know where to send it to.

quick delete this thread before anyone else does it. lol
they don't even ask you for your email. just your username and forum.
i can taste the pliny now...:mug:

Filled it out... Used my HBT name for that section...

Might be interesting to try Pliny the Elder, since it's not something I would pay money for...

"The more less people who take it the better so pass don't mention it along to anyone you know."

We'd do anything for $4 worth of free beer.

So tell us more about what this is for...It looks like your data collection seems more gear oriented than anything, at least the way I'm reading it. I know you asked ag or extract and other things, but it seemed that at least 2 or 3 questions were about our hardware. I'd like to know more about the thrust of your research.

Filled it out... Used my HBT name for that section...

Might be interesting to try Pliny the Elder, since it's not something I would pay money for...

:off: why would you not pay for the Pliny? Not a hophead?

Have you tried it? F@%$kin' Yankees... :D

Russian River is a brewery that does credit to the craft industry...Pliny rocks :rockin:

:off: why would you not pay for the Pliny? Not a hophead?

F NO I'm not a hophead... Nor a deadhead either. :eek:

Have you tried it? F@%$kin' Yankees... :D

Russian River is a brewery that does credit to the craft industry...Pliny rocks :rockin:
Don't make me start on people from Hill Country TX now...

Haven't even tried it... I had a single taste of DFH 60 minute IPA and I thought my mouth was going to implode... I'm not looking for that much bitterness in my brews. I want to be able to taste more than JUST hops. I make most of my brews on the malty side of the scale. Although I am experimenting with dry hopping an ESB that was started last week (will get dry hopped in about 2 weeks for 1 week)... That brew has just under 37IBU and should be in the 6.5-7.5% ABV range... :rockin:

/:off:

Thanks to all who took and will take the survey. Its for a business class that i'm taking that may ultimately lead to who knows what...

F NO I'm not a hophead... Nor a deadhead either. :eek:

Don't make me start on people from Hill Country TX now...

Haven't even tried it... I had a single taste of DFH 60 minute IPA and I thought my mouth was going to implode... I'm not looking for that much bitterness in my brews. I want to be able to taste more than JUST hops. I make most of my brews on the malty side of the scale. Although I am experimenting with dry hopping an ESB that was started last week (will get dry hopped in about 2 weeks for 1 week)... That brew has just under 37IBU and should be in the 6.5-7.5% ABV range... :rockin:

/:off:

37 IBU and you call that a bitter? My Stout has more hops than that!!! Everybody has a different bitterness threshold, but you are definitely on the extreme end of perception while I am on the other.

If you win, ship the Pliny to me (I'll pay shipping) as you will just taste the bitter without appreciating the complexity of the hops and their interplay with the malt. Great IPA's have a solid malt backbone to support the hoppy goodness and Pliny fits the bill. BTW, so does DFH 60, 90, and Squall is even better. Not a fan of 120...too malty :D

Didn't say it was 'bitter' but it is within the ESB style guidelines (30-50IBU)...

As I said, I'm not a hop-happy maniac... :D I have found that ~45 is about my limit... At least for brews that haven't aged.

I doubt that I'll win the bottle... I do have a brew buddy (or two) that would probably jump at the chance to take it off my hands... I'll keep you in mind if they don't...

I just can't get into an American IPA right now... Even English IPA's can be too much for me (they range from 40-60 IBUs)... I might, eventually get into more hoppy brews, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

The first time I brewed what I made last, it had just over 42 IBU's.. In a cold glass it was more than I wanted... In a warm glass it was better...

Short survey that didn't ask the right questions Gave them one of my throw away email addresses. If a Pliny is as good after shipping to my house as my IIpa I will be impressed

Ok, filled out survey. When do I get my beer? I'm pretty sure I won, so you can just send it now.

Just gave you my 2c worth. Hope the info helps you somehow. Over & above the fact that I'd like to try the Pliney,since I've read so much about people's reactions to it.

Done! I'm very curious about what exactly is being researched here. Definitely equipment oriented...

Latest posts

Back