Experimental recipe (Hops with Belgian yeast)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxford

Reaction score
Has anyone ever attempted to make a very hoppy beer with a trappist yeast? Was talking amongst friends of how it would taste/smell.

My mental pallet is not tuned enough to forecast the results so I was thinking of making a small batch. Has anyone ever attempted anything like this (perhaps accidental)?

I like a good triple... I like Hops... On the other hand I like steak and ice cream and wouldn't mix the two.

There are commercial versions available, as well as a lot of discussion on Teh Intarwebz.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=belgian+IPA&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=]belgian IPA - Google Search[/ame]

Cheers,

Bob

I've got a "Tripel IPA" in ther fermenter right now. Going to start dry hopping tomorrow. Snuck a sample last weekend and am pleased with the results so far. I was inspired by the brew Piraat, but did not set out to clone it. If you can get your hands on it, give that beer a try.

Latest posts

Back