Advice on possible kegorator purchase - Would you buy it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drac0

Reaction score
A coworker of mine is selling an older commercial Perlick kegorator. He says it will hold 2 full sized kegs plus a 5 gal. keg. It has 3 taps already.

It needs a little bit of clean up, some rust removal and the lines need cleaned or replaced. He's asking $300 for it. Is this a good price for this unit?

resized_Jasons_038.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

resized_Jasons_039.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

resized_Jasons_040.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

resized_Jasons_041.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

That's a good price. I'd buy it before someone else does.

That's what I'm thinking, but I'm inexperienced in these matters. I'd rather hear from people in the know.

I do need to get a regulator and the right adapters for Cornelius Kegs, but for the amount I was looking at paying to build one myself, I think this would be a wise purchase.

I would think at that price you could turn around and sell it for a profit if you didn't like it.

Maybe I am aksing the obvious but does it run? Does it get cold? From the pictures it looks really nice but I would make sure it gets cold before I'd jump in head first. On the other hand, if it does get cold, at $300 it is one hell of a buy.

Thanks all!

I'll ask him to have it powered on and running before I get there to pick it up. If it's not cold, I'll not buy it. Seems like a safe approach to me.

from the looks of it the housing and tower itself would be worth the 300. looks like the refrigeration unit would be fairly easy to replace. could even put it inside the main housing if your just using cornys.

Thanks all!

I'll ask him to have it powered on and running before I get there to pick it up. If it's not cold, I'll not buy it. Seems like a safe approach to me.

That is the safe choice unless you know someone who repairs refrigeration equipment. I really hope it works out because it looks like a quality unit in terrific shape.

Perlick fridge.....but the taps aren't perlick? Not a deal breaker by ANY means, I just thought it was interesting.

Back