oh barleywine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
you nectar of life!

Sweet warming deliciousness...

How I crave thee all the year long.

Winter? Of course!
Spring? here's to life!
Summer? ah, brilliant night under blazing starlight on cool lakeside pier.
Autumn? Brace me for what comes, warm my bones for cruel cold death.

Oh lovely barleywine never leave me...

alas, I have drunk my last. :(

gotta learn to brew my own so I never run out!

Someday.

soon.

hog heaven rules. sorry just a bit buzzed.

buzzed on Hog Heaven? That is the spirit my friend!

Now where did you get it?! :(

Love me some Avery! I am told (after begging my local package store!) they will be here in VT sometime next spring!

Ah, more barleywine.

Goes great with, hic, brownies... :drunk:

Hopefully brew my first batch this week...

pick a date each year and make a batch, then crack the previous years batch after you mash in. :)

Great idea, I plan too.

Actually two seasons a year. Autumn and Mud season.

Maybe every season eventually. All 5 seasons!

hog heaven rules.

MEGATHIS!! :rockin:

IMG_0289.jpg

barley wine was the last style of beer for me to be able to enjoy...now I can't get enough.

I brewed some last December, split batch, only the one with dry english yeast has carbonated...I think the cali ale yeasties gave up

The Barley Wine I've been drinking for the last 3 weeks is so deceptive. It tastes like a nice, fun, chewy caramel 6%er. I have 2-3 pints of my 11% then wake up 6 hours later wondering what time I went to bed.

It's completely worn off by the time I go to work at 8am, but I turn up to parcels I don't remember ordering, meals I don't remember shopping for or cooking, shows watched on my TVHD I don't remember anything about. :drunk:

I'm at the stage where I can now drink pint after pint of 5% and I might as well be drinking beer flavoured water. :(

Back