Im going to Norfolk and Charlotte

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
Im not sure that Im posting this in the right place but
-
Im going to the Norfolk/VA beach area and Charlotte NC for a couple of days soon and Im wondering if there are any good bars in those cities,
I have been to cogans in Norfolk that place was pretty good but what else is there? I would really like to find some cask conditioned ale
any advice is appreciated

Cogan's is sweet....I don't remember it being a good beer bar, but I remember the mosh pit pretty well :)

ScubaSteve said:
Cogan's is sweet....I don't remember it being a good beer bar, but I remember the mosh pit pretty well :)
wow, I was only there a couple of times I thought it was more of a pizza place than a bar, the beer was pretty good when I was there not the best beer bar but the only bar in VA that I went to that had more than the BMC's

In Norfolk, check out The Taphouse. Pretty darn good beer selection there.

Better yet, it is worth the drive to Portsmouth for the Biergarten and a place called Alt Platz. Alt Platz is a little microbrew with pretty darn good beer, and home-made pizza.

Back