paintball tank regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete12

Reaction score
Looking at a paintball tank with regular paintball tank regulator . Any reason this regulator wouldn't work for a keg? I see people asking about using regular co2 regs on these paintball tanks.

I've seen an adapter that allows you to connect a regular co2 regulator to a paintball tank.

unfortunately that's all i have to add to the conversation. Other than to express my opinion that small co2 tanks are unreasonably expensive, so i feel your pain and all that. Me, I have a steel 20lb co2 tank which is bigger than is convenient and unreasonably heavy - but the price was right. Paid $100 for 1 keg, disconnects w/ flare fittings, picnic tap, and 20lb tank.

I had been using one of the special regulators built to hookup straight to a paintball tank for portable air powered tools if that is what you are talking about. Mine was a Kobalt brand from Lowes (I think this model is discontinued since I found it on clearance). In my opinion these regulators don't quite have the sensitivity needed for the low psi of kegging. I have since switched to the fitting a number of HB stores sell for about $15 and use a real regulator. I have been much happier with this. Hope that helps.

I converted a normal regulator to accept a paintball cylinder. I used a remote bottle adapter & a pipe nipple. Works great & i can turn the gas off if needed.

Paintball regulators generally won't go down to the pressures we use for beer.

But there is this little guy from Palmer's Pursuit Shop:
http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_9_28&products_id=51

beer-keg-reg_LRG.jpg

Back