Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A play off of one of my favorite Rage Against the Machine albums...

Evil Empirial Label

Evil_Empirial_Label.jpg

Gargoyle IPA Label

Gargoyle_IPA_Label.jpg

I saved these in low quality for easy upload... the real label is alot more crisp.

maffewl: Nice job on the Evil Empire them, really feeling it! I also sense a bit of a Stone influence on the Gargoyle IPA ;)

Here's my geeked out Star Wars versions. Still have to put some side text on.
One will be for my Black IPA, the other for a cream ale.

beerlabeldarksideWM.jpg

beerlabellightsidewmcrop.jpg

Some new logos from a friend of a friend. He introduced us to our new mascot, aBroham Lincoln :)

image-1215867990.jpg

image-690412273.jpg

I love both of those labels - well done! As an fyi, its 'hopped' rather than 'hoped'.

Arrrggggghhh! I need a spell checker for Photoshop... (I can't spell for &$@#..)

EDIT; I fixed the labels spelling mistake in my OP...

Arrrggggghhh! I need a spell checker for Photoshop... (I can't spell for &$@#..)

EDIT; I fixed the labels spelling mistake in my OP...

Just so you know, there is a spellchecker in Photoshop.
Highlight your text with the text tool and then EDIT/CHECK SPELLING.

Of course there's always Butters Stotch...

images

Butterscotch Cocoa Stout rolls off the tongue better than Cocoa Butterscotch - however the label is the reverse - leads you to say it 'wrong' - maybe swap the two?

However, I like the image!

Butterscotch Cocoa Stout rolls off the tongue better than Cocoa Butterscotch - however the label is the reverse - leads you to say it 'wrong' - maybe swap the two?

However, I like the image!

Lol... when I first read your post I thought I had mis-spelled butterscotch and was like, great job dummy.

I agree it reads reverse on the main image. I tried switching the text but it just didn't look right... still trying to think of a solution but I like the current looks. So it's a catch 22.

You could just leave the label, but just say it in the reverse when describing it to people. Might really mess with their heads. Looks great, btw.

I decided that I really like when beer follows a theme, so I decided to make some.

The Great Feast ESB is a beer I have been drinking for a while now, and is really good. Sadly, only a couple of pulls left on the keg before it's all gone. :( I did this label a while back.

The Great Hunt is going to be brewd this weekend, and hopefully it lives up to it's sibling! I created this one this evening.

Thanks.

great_hunt_jpg.jpg

great_feast_jpg.jpg

dwshotwell said:
Labels for my first three batches...

I don't mind the label design or illustrations, but the curvature of the text is really taking away from it. It'd be so much better if the text matched up with the oval...

heckels said:
I don't mind the label design or illustrations, but the curvature of the text is really taking away from it. It'd be so much better if the text matched up with the oval...

Yes. The curve is tricky w/ the text as the font resizes every time. Still playing around with it.

have purchased a 9.0 cubic foot freezer so kegging is in my very near future. Have built the interior collar for the freezer....will work on the outer collar tomorrow...

Homebrew pic.jpg

Terrible attempt but the basic idea remains...same top and bottom (obviously bottom is changed for each brew style), picture changes for each brew, here is the one for my very first recipe:

90NAPATemp.jpg

Where did you get the caps done? Have been searching high and low

I have used BottleMark Custom Bottle Caps: Custom Bottle Caps/Crown Corks for Home Brewers, Craft Breweries, Scrapbookers, and More for my last several brews. Great company with excellent customer service. I would suggest that you design and order your caps at least 3 weeks prior to brewing to ensure that you receive your caps in time for bottling. Price is very reasonable for the customization available! 10 cents per cap I believe.....

I was really impressed with my labels until I found this thread... Oh well, room for improvement!

All of my batches are 2.13 gallon batches with a 1.25 gallon boil (Mr. Beer Keg).

The full gallery can be found at on Google Plus

Test%2BTube%2BII.png

JCs%2BHefe.png

Rude%2BBrew.png

Rude%2BBrew%2B2.png

Rude%2BBrew%2B3.png

Hopped%2Band%2BConfused.png

Rude%2BBrew%2B4.png

Big%2BBrewdy.png

Royal%2BBrewdy.png

Freefall%2BStout.png

Back