Pizza night at la Casa de Matt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a pizza tip here... I always seem to have the bottom getting too browned before the top has a chance to finish far enough. What can I do to prevent this? I have a narrow oven... would that make some sort of difference?

I assume you're using a stone? If so, move the stone higher in the oven; the stone will be further from the heat source (get less hot) and the top will be closer to the hotter air, so the top will cook faster as well.

I need a pizza tip here... I always seem to have the bottom getting too browned before the top has a chance to finish far enough. What can I do to prevent this? I have a narrow oven... would that make some sort of difference?

You could try getting a big cast iron skillet and putting that on the shelf that is above the pizza. Put it in there and let it heat up along with the stone.

Back