Need Burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knew of burners that can be mounted like blichmann or banjo burners that could be used with natural gas...I am constructing my Brutus and already have one blichman burner...they need to be able to be mounted with angle steal! Any Ideas? That are reasonably priced...

http://www.agrisupply.com/bg-high-pressure-cast-iron-burner-/p/64494/cn/5400001/
this looks identical to my blichmann...Thanks and much cheaper

There are two versions of this type of burner that I am aware of. They are very similar, but I'm not sure if the castings are identical or not.

Hurricane version: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000E2VU5/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Bayou Classic Banjo Version: http://bayouclassicdepot.com/bg14_cast_iron_burner.htm

The Hurricane version is listed as a low pressure unit and the Bayou Classic version as high pressure.

I'm not sure if the one from AgriSupply is identical to either of these, but they are all very similar, if not the exact same casting.

It's is very important to use the correct orifice with all of them. There are three common orifices available. One for low pressure propane. One for high pressure propane and a third for natural gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.agrisupply.com/burners-regulators/c/5400001/c2c/sc/

You can run most burners on natural gas, but you must use a properly sized orifice and you will not need a regulator. Buy only the burner casting and the proper orifice. All of the burners will typically be tapped to accept some type of mounting screws.

I'd buy these but im not sure if it comes with the metal backing like the banjo's do...to adjust air intake and so fourth! Maybe i'll call them and see what they say! Nice price though...

I'd buy these but im not sure if it comes with the metal backing like the banjo's do...to adjust air intake and so fourth! Maybe i'll call them and see what they say! Nice price though...

Yes, do call them directly to verify. I'm fairly sure that the burner will include the air damper disc and it will also probably include a high pressure propane orifice.

A friend of mine recently ordered some stuff from AgriSupply and when it arrived he discovered that they had switched some parts out. Notably he got an SQ-14 burner with a different, non-adjustable pressure regulator. He also bought a separate adjustable regulator and they send the wrong one. It was supposed to be a 0-10 psi version and they sent a 0-5 psi model. IOW, check with them and be very specific when discussing your order.

You can get a Natural Gas conversion parts for the Hurricane / Banjo burners from Williams Brewing.

That would be nice if they at least came with the "air damper disc". A propane orifice would be nice to, so i could lug my stand and brew other places without NG! I guess for the price I can't complain...I haven't gotten to calling them,%

Well I just got off the phone with a stubborn lady from agrisupply that wasn't to helpfull...she said what you see in the picture is what you get...I asked her if it came with any regulators or air damper disc and she said no what you see is what you get..."and you can buy regulators separate" after I told her I would be using Natural Gas...Anyways i'll probably end up going with the Banjo's even though there twice as much...Unless anyone has found the 'Air orifice Disc' sold separately?

I would call back and ask to speak to her supervisor. This would, of course, only help if she is not herself, the supervisor which I highly doubt. Her boss would probably not be happy with the way she treated you. It's worth a shot anyway. She is obviously quite uniformed about the products they sell and that is the reason that she could not answer your questions. She did not know and did not want to tell you that. You might also get a different person on the phone with another call. You could also send an email and report the rude treatment. I usually don't let this sort of thing slide. You are trying to buy something from them and IMO, they should be more than happy to answer any reasonable question you may have about their merchandise. Your inquiry was completely reasonable I think. The burner will be supplied with the air damper I am certain. It would not be usable without one and the damper must be one that fits that particular unit. It would be stupid to sell them without an air damper included. That would probably lead to a lot of returned items and that would not be good business practice. Or, you could ask to buy a separate air damper that fits that particular burner and see what their response is. They will either have the damper for sale or they will tell you it's included. A different approach to the same question. I'm gonna call them right now, just to be a PIA.

FYI, I just took another look at the link and it shows the air damper on the burner in the pic, so it must be included if what she said is true: http://www.agrisupply.com/bg-high-pressure-cast-iron-burner-/p/64494/cn/5400001/

So, I just called them and asked the same question. A man answered the call and he was knowledgeable about the burners. He said that the air damper is included and also a high pressure orifice. He said they only sell propane equipment and they do not stock a natural gas orifice for any of their burners. I would just drill out the high pressure orifice to convert it for natural gas.

So, it looks like it makes a difference who you talk to at AgriSupply.

So, I just called them and asked the same question. A man answered the call and he was knowledgeable about the burners. He said that the air damper is included and also a high pressure orifice. He said they only sell propane equipment and they do not stock a natural gas orifice for any of their burners. I would just drill out the high pressure orifice to convert it for natural gas.

So, it looks like it makes a difference who you talk to at AgriSupply.

Thanks allot for this...The lady had a "Red Neck" accent. It would suck to receive the burners with no damper...the orifice I can always order for 4 $ a piece

Does anyone think running 2 high and one low pressure burners through a plumbing rig in the future will be a problem...the Argi supply are high, what Do you think would be my best bet?

Back