kitchen aid grain mill attatchment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GranillaNutz

Reaction score
anybody got one of these?
p23491b.jpg

if so... does it work well? it's pretty xpensive and if it's not a good choice, i'd just as soon get a corona mill

Man, if you toast your wife's $300 mixer grinding grains you're gonna be in a world of hurt. How expensive? You can get a Barley Crusher for $130 or so.

it has been discussed on here as not being a great idea. the corona mill has also been discussed in that same fashion. personally I've got a barleycrusher and couldnt be happier. this is one of those topics on here that everybody has an opinion on. do some searches and you'll find ALOT. :mug:

There's a couple of threads on here about it, and the last few Basic brewing podcasts of last year had an ongoing discussion about it...some people use them and are quite happy evidently with it.

Here's one thread from the similar threads box at the bottom of your screen...but there's more if you search for it and look on the basic brewing podcast site and listen for a bout 4 episods it was the letters from litseners diacussion...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/kitchenaid-kgma-grain-mill-attachment-85027/

it has been discussed on here as not being a great idea. the corona mill has also been discussed in that same fashion. personally I've got a barleycrusher and couldnt be happier. this is one of those topics on here that everybody has an opinion on. do some searches and you'll find ALOT. :mug:

Plenty of us are quite happy with our Corona mills, including Charlie Papazian (who get's 87% with his corona mill), so don't be too quick to discount it OR the kitchenade mill just because you like your barley crusher....Like everything else...they all make beer. :D

These work too for many people who have them evidently. I wouldn't go out and buy one, but if there was one that came as a wedding present (or came with the kitchenade) and was gathering dust in the back of the closet, I would be tempted to use it...

If you do have one and go that route, you'll need to make a bigger hopper, like from a plastic water jug or something.

There's various hopper modifications in my corona mill thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/

You will see it is similar to your attacment...

Plenty of us are quite happy with our Corona mills, including Charlie Papazian (who get's 87% with his corona mill), so don't be too quick to discount it OR the kitchenade mill just because you like your barley crusher....Like everything else...they all make beer. :D

These work too for many people who have them evidently.

Yeah, I knew I was leading down the path to pwnage. :D

Revvy is absolutely right. I knew Chuck P. uses one. Point is there's a thousand ways to skin a cat. All of the skinned cats are fermentable. :cross:

my brother is quite happy with his corona mil..
as far as the mixer goes... i actually got my wife the 600 dollar model... it's one of the industrial mixers... not the ones u get at wally world... i paid for it so I CAN BRAKE IT IF I WANT TOO :p (plus it's still under warrenty)
the mill attatchment is 150...
for my brothers corona mill, i rigged up an old milwalkee drill of mine (another 600 dollar tool) to power his...
well thanx for the link, rev.
and thnx to everyone else for there 2 cents... cheers

my brother is quite happy with his corona mil..
as far as the mixer goes... i actually got my wife the 600 dollar model... it's one of the industrial mixers... not the ones u get at wally world... i paid for it so I CAN BRAKE IT IF I WANT TOO :p (plus it's still under warrenty)
the mill attatchment is 150...
for my brothers corona mill, i rigged up an old milwalkee drill of mine (another 600 dollar tool) to power his...
well thanx for the link, rev.
and thnx to everyone else for there 2 cents... cheers

But but but!!!!....I will agree with my brother the donkey..if you got 150 to spend, get the Barley crusher grain mill for the same price...I personally would NOT go out of my way to spend 150 for the milling attachment.

Already having the thing, especially for free, is one thing....going out of my way to buy it....not so much.

Hmmm. I wonder if you can mod the drive shaft on a 25 dollah corona to be driven by the kitchenade....:D

good answer rev... it will save me the headache of listening to the "so i guess u really bought that for urself huh??? "
then everytime i'd wanna use it, she'd wanna bake cookies at the same time...
yeau... the barley crusher may be the way to go... thnx yallllll

Back