Beer Tools Pro vs. Beer Alchemy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeerAlchemy rocks.

Why read then post something negative on a thread related to Mac software if you dont care about Mac software?

You sir are a ******.

hahahaaa... typical non Mac/iOS user. probably never had or used one.. but They will put them down in a heartbeat.

I've been using Beer Alchemy for about 2 years now. Works great and I've never had any kind of computer related or brewing issues with it.

It really comes down to what you have and what you need.

I just would add that I have been impressed with the support for BeerAlchemy from Kent Software. I had downloaded an update, a newer version of BA that wouldn't run on my system because my Mac OS wasn't advanced enough, and when I contacted them for help, they provided a download of a slightly older compatible version for me within 24 hours. Can't beat that!

I'm having only one minor complaint about the iOS App for BeerAlchemy. The new font is smaller and harder to read and, because it adapts in size depending upon the length of the brew name or other entry, the size of the font can become very small and difficult to read. I don't know whether anyone else has this problem but I did mention it to the publisher of the program and I haven't seen that it impressed him. Admittedly there is an advantage to seeing the full name rather than a truncated one under some circumstances. Any others bothered by this or are my eyes just getting too old?

Yeah I noticed the smaller font too. It made me realise I have to go to the eye doctor and get a new set of glasses!! Overall though you need the full name when you've got multiple malts with the same name but different colours.

Back