Floating Hops in my Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just opened one of my Stone IPA Clones to check out how the Carbonization is coming around(I am very impressed and will cellar them tonight if I get the same results out of the second bottle that I just put in the fridge). My only complaint is that I noticed I had a floating Hop in my Glass. I have never had this issue as whenever I dry hop I always take extra care to insure that I Do Not rack and hops sediment into my bottling bucket. Not this time. I was very lackidazical with this batch, and I am now seeing the effects. My question is this. Think the hops will settle at the bottom of the Bottle with the yeast cake with my normal 3-4 weeks cellar time? Or are the hops to light and they'll just float around?

I think they will settle out.
next time try using a strainer bag over the racking cane with you rack. That will keep the hops and gunk out.

Back