For The Dogs ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustDave

Reaction score
(I realize this section is meant for human food, so Mods feel free to delete/move this if inappropriate)

I know that many of us have dogs who mean a lot to us, so how about some recipes for them? I'll start with a few easy ones of ours that we make all the time.

Doggy "Ice Cream"
  • 2 bananas
  • A few good size dollops of peanut butter
  • Water
Mix bananas and peanut butter in a blender or food processor, or in a bowl with a hand mixer. When this is mixed very well, add enough water to make 64 oz.

Pour into plastic cups (I use the 3oz. ones) and freeze. I cover each individually with a bag and rubber band in case of spills, but that's up to you.

The dogs love them -- so much better than those "Frosty Paws" garbage at the grocery store ... which, in addition to being like $3-4 for a 4-pack, taste like pure salt. (What, you don't sample your dogs' food?)

Beef & Cheese Biscuits
  • 2 - 2.5 cups flour (regular or wheat works)
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup low-sodium beef broth (or can use chicken, etc.)
Mix 2 cups of flour and cheese, add broth and mix well. Add enough remaining flour until the dough is no longer sticky and can be rolled out.

Roll onto floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350* for about 30-35 minutes, but it may take more depending on how thick you make them. They should be hard when you take them out.

I usually make 4x the recipe about once a month, and it makes a lot. WARNING: This makes our dogs turn their noses up at store-bought treats, so be warned! It will turn them into dog treat EACs! :) My aunt has been known to snack on these when she comes over.

8349-meaty3.jpg

Tanks a bunch

Back