A different take on Arrogant Bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalhomebrewer

Reaction score
I have come about 12 oz of some NZ Nelson hops, man this hop is delicious. The beers I've had that have Nelson in it, but have no experience outside of dry hopping my stone 15th. Does anyone have a good amount of experience with this hop in both bittering, aroma, and dry hoping?

Reason I ask is I want to make beer based on the common AB recipe, but replace the chinook with Nelson if I works well at all hop addition points. Please let me know if anyone has recommendations, I haven't been able to find Nelson until now so I don't want to waste it on a test if it is not going to work well.

I made an IPA SMaSH using Vienna and Nelson Sauvin, and it came out very good, I used the Nelson as FWH, 20, 10, 0, and dry hop. I don't know how it will meld with the AB grain bill but I'm interseted to hear your results.

Just put this into bottles Monday. Should be ready to drink by 4/30. StoneGreg, let me know when you would like to taste the results.

Latest posts

Back