Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1203EC3F-7E3D-4C78-AF20-4E08E4E0A61A.png

Good idea on the "Please Return Bottle". Some of the ones I share don't always make it back. I'm hoping they're not tossing them but they probably are...

Here is my first actual label (excluding stickers that simply say what it is). Got inspiration from some of my fav breweries. Brewery name from my two friends and I, my dog, friends baby were present, hence the name. Beer name because my friend accidentally killed one of my plants during the brew day. :) Fun time.
beer_label.JPG

Attachments

• ElCantarito.png
    ElCantarito.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • ElCatrinLabelWhiteBG.png
    ElCatrinLabelWhiteBG.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • BeenillaLabel.png
    BeenillaLabel.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
  • ElToroLabel.png
    ElToroLabel.png
    863.4 KB · Views: 131
  • FINAL - SMASHedVochitoLabel.png
    FINAL - SMASHedVochitoLabel.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • LaFuerteTepacheLabeWhiteBGl.png
    LaFuerteTepacheLabeWhiteBGl.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • LosDesertoresLabel.png
    LosDesertoresLabel.png
    994.2 KB · Views: 115
what program are you guys designing these on and how are you printing them?
I create my labels in Corel Draw...I utilize images I come across on the net or pictures I take. Then using some wit.. a few homebrews, come up with some fun designs, that I can share. I will print on plain paper & apply with the "Milk Method"

I create my labels in Corel Draw...I utilize images I come across on the net or pictures I take. Then using some wit.. a few homebrews, come up with some fun designs, that I can share. I will print on plain paper & apply with the "Milk Method"

What is this "milk method"?

Basically, you use milk as your adhesive. Cut your label out, brush a lite film of milk on the back...affix to the bottle, smooth out. I have done this many times & it works like a charm. Search the forum for more threads.
For a more water resistant labels (bottles that might go in an ice chest.) You can have your designs laser printed at lots of places, and the laser pigment won't run like jet printer ink. You can also use a gelatin based adhesive that won't come off in cold water, but falls off in hot water.

Brew on :mug:

wow most of these labels are fantastic!

I print mine on a color laser printer, then cut 'em apart with scissors, curl them a bit, then use milk or very watered down Elmer's glue. I just use powerpoint, which is not great for graphics, but whatever. It's better than marking the cap with a Sharpie ;)

Also, I usually (but not always) name the beer after whatever song is on the radio and catches my ear when I'm brewing

beer labels.jpg

Back