attaching a pur water filter to a garden hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lead from a garden hose will add up fast, but it should work. You will just need a new filter much sooner than recomended.

something like this:

purhose.jpg

The lead from a garden hose will add up fast, but it should work. You will just need a new filter much sooner than recomended.

Get an RV Water Hose with a NSF potable water rating. Walmart has them. Look for the white hose with the blue stripe. I actually run from my slop sink in the garage through a hose and then a whole house filter.

My neighbor has a filter screwed into his faucet then his hose screwed into that so I know they make em, I would go ask him where he got it but he is an asshat so.....maybe try a nursery or pool supply house?

VB

Along with the white hose, also pick up an RV water filter why your at it. They should be close to each other. That's what I use. I just put the filter on the end of the hose and turn it on. Seems to work pretty good.

My neighbor has a filter screwed into his faucet then his hose screwed into that so I know they make em, I would go ask him where he got it but he is an asshat so.....maybe try a nursery or pool supply house?

VB

A filter before a garden hose would be like putting on a condom after screwing....well, you get the picture.

Get an RV Water Hose with a NSF potable water rating. Walmart has them. Look for the white hose with the blue stripe. I actually run from my slop sink in the garage through a hose and then a whole house filter.

That would work.

Along with the white hose, also pick up an RV water filter why your at it. They should be close to each other. That's what I use. I just put the filter on the end of the hose and turn it on. Seems to work pretty good.

That is probably the best solution. Or 3-4 RV hoses run from the kitchen sink.

There are a lot of VOC contaminants from a normal water hose. Every had a drink from the hose in the summer when it us hot. That special flavor is from the rubber. Much cleaner/safer to use a potable water hose.

A filter before a garden hose would be like putting on a condom after screwing....well, you get the picture.

That would work.

That is probably the best solution. Or 3-4 RV hoses run from the kitchen sink.

Agreed....guess I forgot to say, use an rv hose and like i said ....he is an asshat....lol!!

VB

Harbor Freight had them on sale recently. I think they are closing them out for $4-$5 . I bought one although I really have no need for it, just seemed like a deal.

you guys are joking right? so, how many people posting on here have had a drink out of a garden hose? just saying, let the water run a minute and then take a drink... are you guys saying you never took a drink from a garden hose????

you guys are joking right? so, how many people posting on here have had a drink out of a garden hose? just saying, let the water run a minute and then take a drink... are you guys saying you never took a drink from a garden hose????

Sure a REGULAR hose is pretty bad but we are talking about a potable water hose, they are made for pumping water into an RVs drinking water tank, they don`t impart the bad taste like a regular hose does. They are a white hose with a blue strip so you can tell it is different than a normal garden hose.

VB

irunxcjm said:

This is the setup I use currently. Once I build my single tier system, I plan to attach a canister filter to it, but for now it does the job.

I wouldn't worry about the occasional drink from a regular garden hose, but that is a far cry from producing gallons of beverage from it. There is also the taste that it imparts that I find undesireable.

shook is this for topping up? i don't see why garden hose water is that bad vs out of the tap directly...

You missed the "lead lined stout" thread.;)

There are a lot of VOC contaminants from a normal water hose. Every had a drink from the hose in the summer when it us hot. That special flavor is from the rubber. Much cleaner/safer to use a potable water hose.

Forget stunted brain development and cancer....you might get..........
OFF FLAVORS!!!!!

Agreed....guess I forgot to say, use an rv hose and like i said ....he is an asshat....lol!!

VB

Asshat.......what??? Sorry, I was distracted by your avatar.

Yeah, it's OK bro. So you are 5-10% dumber than you would have been. Me too. Have another beer, but try to learn something.

Holy crap... you just gave me a vivid flashback to my childhood.

I still do it in the summer, im not that concerned with a bit from time to time but definately do not want that flavor in my beer.

Back