What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oskar Blues and pizza:D

20130811_174149.jpg

Channel66 said:
No work tomorrow, wife left for a cookout with her family, I volunteered to stay behind and watch the dogs and the goats. (Super easy job)

Got the Prince of darkness blaring over the speakers, Chilling with the dogs putting a good buzz on.

Belgian IPA.

You hadn't mentioned goats. How many do to you have? Just brush control?

image-2061436321.jpg

BdG bottle about 9 months ago. My first lagered beer and I didn't let it warm before bottling. As such, priming sugar mixed poorly. Seems a tad sweet from being flat, but another BdGot two is on the schedule soon. Probably go brett/lacto at bottling next time.

You hadn't mentioned goats. How many do to you have? Just brush control?

BdG bottle about 9 months ago. My first lagered beer and I didn't let it warm before bottling. As such, priming sugar mixed poorly. Seems a tad sweet from being flat, but another BdGot two is on the schedule soon. Probably go brett/lacto at bottling next time.

4 kikos, brush control, and training/job for the cattle dog. I keep them on a wireless electric fence, but Ozzy pretty much keeps them on my property.

Yeah, I'm not sure I will go to this butcher with my next beef cow, he cut the eye out of all the ribeye, and trimmed everything all wonky too. I cut meat for awhile in high school, maybe I should just have them quarter it and take it that way. Swmbo would LOVE that

A good butcher/processor is hard to find these days. I'd hunt for another, though, if they f'd your ribeyes up like that.

RDWHAHBing with my Tafelbier after a double header that included a left open ball valve and probably a gallon of first runnings making its way to the kitchen floor...

RDWHAHBing with my Tafelbier after a double header that included a left open ball valve and probably a gallon of first runnings making its way to the kitchen floor...

Ouch. Been there. I'll RDWHAHB with you.

A good butcher/processor is hard to find these days. I'd hunt for another, though, if they f'd your ribeyes up like that.

Yeah, see we buy a critter from a local guy once a year. And have it slaughtered and butchered ourselves. I should take more interest in it, but it's typically just a phone call or two and a full freezer every year. I'm a great backseat driver. I won't be using this guy again. But I still got my moneys worth of grass fed beef that's for sure.

rockymtnbrewer said:
Oskar Blues and pizza:D

Nice!! I love me some Oskar Blues!! That pie also looks fantastic! I want some pizza for serious! My wife is doing this crazy health cleanse thing and so if she can't eat it, she won't make it for dinner. I'm getting caught in the crossfire. It's not cool.

Ouch. Been there. I'll RDWHAHB with you.

Yeah, see we buy a critter from a local guy once a year. And have it slaughtered and butchered ourselves. I should take more interest in it, but it's typically just a phone call or two and a full freezer every year. I'm a great backseat driver. I won't be using this guy again. But I still got my moneys worth of grass fed beef that's for sure.

Surely there's a tatted up hipster there who can cut it like you want. We got that in the AVL, right chef? :D I'd really like to learn how to break down an animal properly. I've tried replacing thousands of years of lost cultural knowledge with the internet and it's quite difficult.

Having crappy hotel coffee. I'm headed to work in a couple of hours. Then I have to meet with DHS about the adoption. I have a torpedo waiting on me when I'm done, so I have something to look forward to.

Channel66 said:
:mug: I'll have a few for you in the meantime

Hehe, cool! I get to live vicariously through you tonight! If all else fails, I have beer flavored liquid for my e-cig that will help (even if it does taste like BMC).

Edit: oops, I almost forgot; more coffee.

Ok guy's why the fook is my keg being a @sshole should I go to 8 feet of line Any help would be cool thanks.

ForumRunner_20130811_213857.png

My hb rise n shine.

NIZZLE said:
Ok guy's why the fook is my keg being a @sshole should I go to 8 feet of line Any help would be cool thanks.

My hb rise n shine.

Go ahead and go to 10' lines, then start over, you Can trim them down if needed. That's what I had to do after a month of messing with temps and pressures. 10' lines, 42 degrees, 11 psi is my magic set up. YMMV.

Back