Moosehead Lager, bringing it back...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorDuvel

Reaction score
I had my first Moosehead Lager in roughly 10 years last night (?!). My friends and I discovered this beer early on in a our craft beer quest (before we knew exactly what craft beer was, we just knew we wanted better and better beer...). This was before I ever had an IPA, to give some context. Anyway, it still holds up pretty darn well. After all the PAs, IPAs and Belgians, sometimes you want something simple and refreshing. Moosehead still does a fine job of that. Glad you're still around, Moosehead, and thanks for being a stepping stone - and one to which I can still step. :mug:

Yes, much respect for Moosehead. There is always some on hand up at the cottage. Nice beer for long afternoons, basking in the sun on the dock!

I wish they brought back more free swag though, they used to give out some awesome stuff!

Love the Moose- was a college staple since there were plenty of Canadians around... don't see it much anymore though

First non US beer I ever had and drank a few thousand in my college days! Haven't had any in decades...

That was my go to beer before I became a homebrew/craft beer snob

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Home Brew mobile app

My local shop has started stocking Moosehead recently, I hadn't had it since the 80s, I'd guess. I've always liked it. First I had seen of it recently was at the Epcot food and wine fest last October.

Moosehead is Canada's oldest independent brewer, still nice to throw one back now and then

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Moosehead and Molson Golden and Export were some of the go to premium offerings for us back in the day in Miami along with the "contraband" clear bottle Becks for the Bahamas if you could get it. When I meet my ex-wife, she was in college up in Syracuse and I got switched over to Labatts when I visited up there and introduced to some of the Munich beers. The stange liquor laws in New York meant that you had those great beer only stores that carried anything they could get their hands on. That was my introduction to Hacker-Pcschorr and Spaten (my uncle recommended it fro his time in Germay in the army) and the first place I bought anything German or Germanic other than Lowenbrau or Becks/ST. Pauli Girl.

Back