Coffee Drinkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to Starbucks (or a better coffee shop) and get yourself a Grande Triple Longshot Iced Espresso. You'll thank me later. Espresso > Coffee any day of the week for me. It's much bolder, richer, more flavorful, and complex.

The longshot technique combined with ice dilution ends up being not as intense as you might think. It's very tasty and quite cheap by comparison of their other drinks at only $2.62 with tax included. If you want, you can add some of that raw sugar (or a pump of coconut syrup) and a splash of half and half.

jsguitar said:
Love that roaster! I hadn't looked at roasters in a while and didn't know about that one.

Thanks!

I've been through several roasters over the years. Hottop B, Heat Gun/bread machine combo, behmor and now the Quest. I've made great coffee on all of them, but this is my favorite. Very hands on and similar (in function) to probat/shop style roasters.

I like my coffee one of two ways:
Blacker than midnight with a new moon
With a bit of cream and about 3-5 packets of sweetener...

I love to make coffee and put it in a jar in the fridge for a couple of days... Used to French press when I lived with a couple of friends, but my one friend took the press with him when he moved out..

Here is my roaster - Quest M3:

Pretty roaster...maybe someday for me, but it was hard enough to convince my wife to spend the $500 on the Gene Cafe. At least its simple to use and I'm very happy with it other than the amount of space it takes up in my kitchen.

anyone know of a relatively inexpensive electric kettle that heats up to around 180F instead of boiling?

anyone know of a relatively inexpensive electric kettle that heats up to around 180F instead of boiling?

unfortunately, there is nothing like that for a decent price.

I have a Pino kettle (old version) and even it will run up to a boil at first.

The best bet is the new Bonavita. It appears to be a great kettle and what I will pick up if my pino ever dies.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/bonavita-electric-pour-over-kettle-3214.html

They make it w/o the gooseneck - but for almost any style of coffee, the precision pouring is great.

Back