First Batch in the Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SW Brewer

Reaction score
I just finished bottling my first batch of brew lastnight. It went pretty well, except for the leaky valve on the bottling bucket. That did not go unnoticed by my wife :) I ended up with 49 beers and now have to be patient and wait. My final gravity was steady at 1.011 for three days, so I am hoping I didnt bottle too soon.

I have another batch in the primary that will be ready for the secondary this weekend. Its a recipe from the Complete Joy of Homebrewing (IPA Palisade), so I am hoping that one works out well. I just need to drink more beer to free up some bottles!

Greg

Wow- great for you! Isn't it an awesome feeling of accomplishment having that first batch done and bottled. Now, you just have to wait for that first taste..........;)

Thanks for the encouragement. Can you (or anyone else) recommend a good hoppy extract recipe for an IPA? I am a sucker for IPAs but dont want to go all grain just yet.

Greg

Back