For Goodness' Sake! I need rice wine recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
Sorry, little "pun" there in the thread title...

Anyway, I've been cruising the few threads we have around sake, and it's confusing the hell out of me. I'm really unclear on how one makes a decent sake at home- but now SWMBO has given me a sake set, and I am looking forward to enjoying some home-made product with it.

So- anyone who's made the stuff, care to share your recipe? And, of course, any advice/warnings you think are helpful.

Thanks!

(I might also make this timed to coincide with the release of the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which is likely going to be both Pirate-themed and Asian-themed... much like my brewery, and this wine!

All help is appreciated.

I have seen that, actually, and it is part of what has contributed to my overall confusion. I've followed links from that site, and am still only partly knowledgable about the process. So, I wonder- could someone who's been through th eprocess write it up in an "Idiot's Guide" sort of way...? Because right now, it seems fantastically complex. (And often written in English that could use a better translation).

Back