Do you get the munchies when drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you get the munchies when drinking?

• Yes

• No

• Only Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
yes, I am drinking a pumking clone with added whipped cream vodka shot, I just ate a bowl of homemade chicken soup, some gelato, and I really want some cheddar cheese.

its worse than pot.

well usually munchies is refered to as getting cravings for certain foods or just generally getting very hungry after smoking the reefer

but i find after a few pints i usually get the same effects

I never get hungry. But if I've had a few too many, I usually realize it and try to eat something to avoid any unpleasant effects the next day!

I'm not a very big person, and I normally don't eat very much. But I can put away vast quantities of homebrew!

I keep misc junk food around the house in different places, kitchen, basement, livingroom (basically where ever I might be drinking). The only time I ever touch the stuff is when I've been drinking a bit on the heavy side. Once I start eating it, that's a clear indicator that I've been drinking too much and should at least slow down a tad.

Horray multipurpose junk food!

Yeah... One night on my way home from drinking, I convinced the DD to let me stop at the 24 hour supermarket to go grocery shopping because I hadn't gone in a while. Cheese sticks, hot pockets, doritos, pickles, dark chocolate, sour cream, crystal hot sauce, and sour cream was what I purchased....

Yeah... One night on my way home from drinking, I convinced the DD to let me stop at the 24 hour supermarket to go grocery shopping because I hadn't gone in a while. Cheese sticks, hot pockets, doritos, pickles, dark chocolate, sour cream, crystal hot sauce, and sour cream was what I purchased....

One package of sour cream wasn't enough?

Well...No. I should mention that I had a bag of chips and some onion soup mix at home... And so one package would be for dip and the other would remain unadulterated ;)

Plus sour cream is money.

If I have a big lunch, I usually skip dinner. Wife makes dinner for us, and I say, "no, I'll just have a beer" (or 3). Around 8-9PM I start making dinner for myself and she gets mad.

I get the munchies worse than ever when I have had more than 4-6. I eat everything in sight until I am full. Currently, I am on a diet that involves no booze or junk. I am almost done.... 28 days is a long time, and the next 30 are gonna be even tougher...

Beer has lots of sugar in... drink some and your insulin level goes up to deal with it. Stop drinking and your body is slow to react so you end up with too much insulin and end up having a blood sugar crash and thus start craving food, especially junk as it's often more refined and the sugar in it gets into our system quicker than say eating some sweet potato.

It's often why you feel lethargic the next day after one too many (that and dehydration and fatigue due to your body having to process the alcohol and sugar etc in beer).

Yes, but more often than not I am cooking or drinking around dinner time.

All the time. I usually reach for pretzels or some meat and cheese. I try not to pig out anymore while having some beers.

Back