New brewery logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimSTi

Reaction score
Hey guys I whipped up a quick logo for my brewery. Let me know what you think. Any tips/ideas/advice from the experts out there would be great. Thanks!

3096527721_152fdf9410.jpg

****UPDATED****

So after taking into account the opinions here and learning a bit about Inkscape I attempted a new Logo. Check it out below:

newlogo.png

Whatta ya think????

^I know--something about boats, sailing and alcohol,

Its definitely a head turner.
If I were at a bar I would take a closer look

I can't resist suggesting that you make the S in savage caps and the last N in
nation caps. This will keep it balanced left and right while adding some variety
in the text and play right into abbreviating your name Savage Nation (SN).

Edit - maybe even spell nation backwards because it starts and ends on an N
and that way you will be capping the first N instead of the last, to keep with
proper grammar.

(I'm committing my pet peeve of painting on someone elses picture here, sorry)

+1 on the Jolly roger motif. Maybe put the "savage nation" portion above the head following the skull's arc? May or may not be better, but I like seeing different options

PS my brewery name has nothing to do with michael savage's savage nation political radio show. The term savage was taken from Hunter S Thompsons use of the word :-D

What about making the bottles a bit bigger, putting the "XXX" on the neck and then laying the skull over the top of the bottles, so you have the skull with the "crossbones" behind it? Then you could put "savage nation" either across the stop straight or arched to follow the top of the skull?

PS my brewery name has nothing to do with michael savage's savage nation political radio show. The term savage was taken from Hunter S Thompsons use of the word :-D

I was about to ask. He is the kind of guy that would give you problems if you ever started brewing professionally with that name too although I like his shows and have all of his political books.

The logo is simple and appealing.

I think it needs more of a kick. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll dick around with some ideas and post it.

Hey guys I whipped up a quick logo for my brewery. Let me know what you think. Any tips/ideas/advice from the experts out there would be great. Thanks!

3096527721_152fdf9410.jpg

****UPDATED****

So after taking into account the opinions here and learning a bit about Inkscape I attempted a new Logo. Check it out below:

newlogo.png

Whatta ya think????

Just wanted to bump this with the first post edit. Check it out!

Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? Any ideas of something to add or change? Gonna be giving some bottles out for X-Mas and want a sweet logo!

I'm not sure I like the yellow diamond, it reminds me of a road sign. But if that's what you're going for, than it's nice. As for the rest of the changes, I really like them. The font you used is a great choice.

I like the yellow diamond, I dont like how the XXX is on both top and bottom of the bottle. Maybe put est on the left bottom of the bottle and 2008 on the right bottom of the bottle.

I'm not sure I like the yellow diamond, it reminds me of a road sign. But if that's what you're going for, than it's nice. As for the rest of the changes, I really like them. The font you used is a great choice.

The road sign is what I was going with. Figured with the skull itd come off as a hazard/warning sign. Yah I stumbled across the font in inkscape - boopee I believe. Thanks for the input!

I like the yellow diamond, I dont like how the XXX is on both top and bottom of the bottle. Maybe put est on the left bottom of the bottle and 2008 on the right bottom of the bottle.

That's a good idea about putting the est + 2008 on the bottles. I went with the XXX's to give it a classic 1800s feel and figured it mixed well with the skull. Ill tinker around with that idea tonight.

That's a good idea about putting the est + 2008 on the bottles. I went with the XXX's to give it a classic 1800s feel and figured it mixed well with the skull. Ill tinker around with that idea tonight.

I like the XXX's but just not on two spots of the bottle, kinda seems overdone. Something more subtle would be better. Either remove it from the neck of the bottle or the base and put the est + 2008 on the other would be a cool use of space.:tank:

i dunno how many different styles of beer you make, or are planning on bottling, but it wold be kinda cool if you designated them by the color of the background... like maybe use the yellow for a wheat beer, purple for a stout, teal for a brown ale... something like that.

otherwise i really like the simple design.

AS you can see by my avatar that i have always been a fan of the bones.
I like your logo and i'm sure you will tweek it until it is a real winner. I too have been playing with a logo of bones but don't have the puter skills to do this kind of stuff. I was born many years before computers and have been trying to learn. in my business i rarely use computers.

G.

Hey I like it!

If I were to crit it at all I would only say vary the line thickness so the
black border on the sign, the text, and the border on the skull weren't
so close.

This will make them all more separate as individual entities.

Good job!

What would the roadsign look like if the bottle colors were reversed? (labels black, lettering and glass white)

i think it's cool you're coming up with your own design, but personally, i feel the skull and crossbones is really, really, really unoriginal and kind oif insipid. it's kind of like being one of these white guys in america getting a "tribal" tattoo. they aren't original or relevant in most cases, but for some reason, the kind of people who get them actually believe they are being creative.

i think it's cool you're coming up with your own design, but personally, i feel the skull and crossbones is really, really, really unoriginal and kind oif insipid. it's kind of like being one of these white guys in america getting a "tribal" tattoo. they aren't original or relevant in most cases, but for some reason, the kind of people who get them actually believe they are being creative.

Thanks for your input. As far as I see it the design is original. There are no cross bones, but instead cross bottles suiting a logo for a brewery. The logo fits the theme of my brewery named "Savage Nation" as it appears to be a warning/caution sign. I guess the fact I'm using things that already exist (skull, bottles, warning sign) is unoriginal. Can't please everyone.

Back