Kenmore 23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Thread Killer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe my googling skills aren't up to where they should be.... but: I found a Kenmore 23 on Craigslist this weekend for 150. Brought the puppy home & the best I can figure is I have on my hands a 15-17 tap keezer. Can anybody point me towards some techincal info on this monstrosity? I've googled "Kenmore 23, Kenmore 23 Cest freezer, blah blah..." and all I come up with is some E-bay auctions.
I reckon the numerous threads about Kegs & priming & force carbing & places to get kegs etc etc are forthcoming... so be prepared.

Can anybody help me out here? I just want info!

thanks
z

shameless bump.

Still havent found any info. I checked my other chest freezer last night & its 18.5 CF and the new one is much bigger, so I'd say it is 23CF at least.

I put my digital thermomenter in it for about an hour & when it thawed out enough to read the display after I took it out, it was still sitting on -2, so I think for sure it works!!!

Anybody? Nobody even gonna tell me I suck for finding this for $150?

:ban::rockin::mug:

zac

Since you asked for it, YOU SUCK!!!

If you actually build a fancy 15 tap kegerator with it, you will suck even more. And you are going to be one busy mo fo brewing to keep it full.

I take it you looked on the inside or on the back for Model #. There should be some information about it somewhere on the unit. That is the best way to track it down.

Blender,
I found the model number & googled it, nothing showed up except a parts place, at least I now know where I can get replacement parts if it even breaks.
McKBrew: I don't think I nor my wife consume at the rate of a 15 tap keezer, but I could invite the guys from work.....as long as I had Fat Tire clone & corona clone on tap, I bet we (they) could drain the entire thing in a night. Keep in mind I work with 19 others guys all summer long who are all young, dumb, in incredibally good shape & can really pound the beers when they get a day off. Those are in short supply this time of year though!

I go back on the road this week, so I may be out for the summer, see ya'll in October!!

Zac

Hey there y'all, I too have bought a giant Kenmore 23 chest freezer, and Zac, I'm wondering if you had any luck in converting it.

Back