BIAB Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea.

That did cross my mind. But I am stubborn and figured the amount of any 'death dealing' substances or off flavors would be infinitesimally small.(woo, my big word for the day)

As for movement of the element, I have to force it to move. I am guessing the rubber gasket is helping to eliminate movement.

If I have room, I may use outer o-ring plus silicone nipple gasket as a precaution. But I'll coat the threads with PTFE or silicone to keep the liquid on the inside, and out of contact with the stock o-ring.

Thanks again.

Baby bottle nipple? Interesting, do you have any pictures?

I tried the nipple gasket idea last night but has some leaks. The larger baby bottle nipples I got had extra silicone on the base making it hard to get a flush seal even after trimming with scissors. They were the perfect size though. My holes in my kettle aren't perfect either thanks to the damn hole saw walking.

I ended up using the bf o-rings and lock nuts, plus I put ptfe tape on the threads and lined the hole with silicone sealer. Boil tested 6.5 gallons today with no leaks.

I did use a piece of baby bottle nipple for the ground lug and it sealed without leaks.

Just posted a new thread about this false bottom I purchased for my BIAB system.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/bayou-classic-false-bottom-367266/

IMG_0401.jpg

I noticed that you used a fuse but no resistors with your emergency stop button, have you had any problems with that? I know others have talked about it in other threads but wanted to know how it worked for you.

I did use resistors. The red line running to the fuse block has the two resistors. I used red shrink tubing over them. If you look close you can see it.

Nice thread. I want your system, or I mean I want to make your system. It looks really nice. Does the efficiency really improve that much with a HERMS system installed? As for me, I am thinking about bigger beers in a bigger stockpot (at least 80 quarts). 62 quarts might be a bit small for me, that's why I am looking for something a bit bigger, but I have not decided on which one to get. Do you have a link for your false bottom?

Latest posts

Back