looking to build a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinBigD

Reaction score
Anyone know how to go about locating or buying sanky kegs from breweries? Wanna build a keggle have the hardware just need the drum to mount it to!

i think your best bet is to just start calling around and see if they have any decommissioned kegs that they are willing to part with. alternatively, you could try posting an ad on craigslist to see anyone has an old beater sitting around their property (that's where i found mine). so long as the inside hasn't been touched, you should be OK.

Put a call into your local recyclers and tell them you're looking for a keg and tell them to call you if they get any.

ive done all of the above. it seems that most of the breweries lease their kegs from microstar based inColorado and when they have a bad keg, it gets sent back there for destruction or repair. the few recyclers ive found arent willing to resell their scrap even for fair market price, may just have to buy a prebuilt keggle from my LBHS, even though they are pricey.

Back